2008 HD FLHR Road King with Sound!
Mike from Landshut, Germany, made available these photos of his very neat 2008 HD FLHR Road King motorcycle with ABS, in the Harley Vivid Black paint scheme.
This Harley Road King has a Tsukayu quick detachable batwing fairing with a powerful sound system consisting of a Philips 220 radio/cd/mp3 player, JBL 200 watts front speakers mounted in the fairing, UNiQ Cycle Sounds middle speakers mounted on the safety bars, and a Rock'n Tops Bagger Audio System integrated in the saddlebags acting as rear speakers!
Harley Davidson Road King Specifications
Mike gave us the following specifics for his Road King:
• HD FLHR 2008 Vivid Black with ABS;
• Max Speed: 192km/hr (measured with Nav System);
• Fuel consumption: 4.2 to 6.0 liters / 100km;
• Road-Glide handlebars;
• Fatboy frontfender with chrome brackets;
• Stock wheels;
• Klock Werks filler panels;
• Skull Series on grips, timer cover, front axle, derby cover;
• Seat: stock, ultra classic, Badlander;
• Sissybar: middle high;
• Fuel indicator: black, gloss, flat;
• Fuel cap: black gloss;
• K&N air filter;
• Garmin 660 Europe navigation system;
• Tsukayu detachable fairing;
• Philips 220 radio/cd/mp3;
• Front: JBL 6x9 200 Watts;
• Middle: UNiQ Cycle Sounds Classic Edition motorcycle speaker system;
• Rear: Rock'n Tops Bagger Audio System (with additional amp.);
Harley Davidson Road King Accessories
Mike has various options:
Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing by Tsukayu
Mike has quite a sound system on his Harley Road King. At the center is a Philips 220 radio/cd/mp3.
The front speakers are mounted in the fairing and are JBL 200 Watts 6x9's.
Middle speakers are a UNiQ Cycle Sounds Classic Edition motorcycle speaker system, mounted on the crash bars.
Rear speakers consist of a Rock'n Tops Sound System, see details below.
Rock'n Tops Bagger Audio System
Mike's Harley Davidson Road King has a Rock'n Tops Bagger Audio System with additional amplifier.
These Rock'n Tops include waterproof speakers that are integrated in custom designed ABS saddlebag lids. These custom lids simply replace the stock lids. The compact, waterproof amplifier hides away in one of the saddlebags.
Harley Road King Winter Work
Here's some pictures taken by Mike during the winter while enjoying himself in the garage!
Mike: "I want to make some modifications:"
• Front fork in gloss black;
• Front cans in gloss black;
• Nacelle and handlebar cover in gloss black;
• Exhaust shields in gloss black;
• Exhaust mufflers in gloss black;
• Struts cover rear in gloss black;
• Dash in gloss black;
• Front and rear wheels in gloss black;
"All parts will be powder coated."
Clymer Service and Repair Manuals
Even if you have no intent to get your hands dirty - these books are a joy for every Harley Davidson fan!